Here are my top 32 records of 2008. Don't ask me why I put 32, I just couldn't give any of 'em up. Also, as a side point, as albums go, I don't think there's a single one that comes even close to the consistence of quality, songcraft, melodicism, and sheer beauty of my choice for number one. That record will remain a classic for me for a thousand more insane Lil Weezy joints to come (and you know there will be). Look out for my best tracks of 2008 coming in the next few days.



1. Fleet Foxes - Sun Giant EP/Fleet Foxes
2. Lil Wayne - Tha Carter III
3. Girl Talk - Feed the Animals
4. Flying Lotus - Los Angeles
5. The Walkmen - You & Me
6. Samamidon - All Is Well
7. Q-Tip - The Renaissance
8. Hercules and Love Affair - Hecules and Love Affair
9. Vampire Weekend - Vampire Weekend
10. Bon Iver - For Emma, Forever Ago
11. Philip Jeck - Sand
12. Raphael Saadiq- The Way I See It
13. Arthur Russell - Love is Overtaking Me
14. Nomo - Ghost Rock
15. Stereolab - Chemical Cords
16. Hot Chip - Made in the Dark
17. Antony and the Johnsons - Another World EP
18. Santogold - Santogold
19. Department of Eagles - In Ear Park
20. Little Joy - Little Joy
21. TV on the Radio - Dear Science
22. Bonnie Prince Billy - Lie Down In The Light
23. Truckasaurus - Tea Parties, Guns & Valor
24. Abigail Washburn & The Sparrow Quartet - Abigail Washburn & The Sparrow Quartet
25. Autechre - Quaristice
26. Tobacco - Fucked Up Friends
27. Lukas Ligeti - Afrikan Machinery
28. Black Milk - Tronic
29. Underground Resistance - Electronic Warfare 2.0
30. Maryanne Amacher - Sound Characters 2
31. Gas - Nah und fern
32. Luciano - Fabric 41

1 comment:

stephen said...

You forgot the comma in "Dear, Science". Just thought I'd let you know.